Due to feeling and looking like 100 last week I decided to check into a spa and emerged looking like this......
Not bad huh? Some might say I now resemble Heidi Klum but I can't see it myself!
If truth be told I've been half busy and half lazy but have missed my cyber rambles and reads! So I shall make a pre New Years resolution, as I'm notoriously bad at keeping the usual ones, and vow to post more frequently from now on!
I should start by replying to my lovely taggers... Mom/Mum today and Tara at Sticky Fingers tomorrow! Especially as Tara has told me off for being a rubbish blogger! (She's right!) But that young lady is a fine one to talk - she went and changed all the tag rules so I might make up some of my own!
Today... Mom/Mum's Festive lucky Seven!
7 Things I Must Do Before My Parents Arrive
1. Actually no worries here....parents not crossing the ThatGirl threshold this yuletide season but instead we will all decamp to my brothers house for Boxing Day!
7 Things I've been Doing Instead Of Preparing For Christmas
1. Reading Grazia.
2. Watching Lipstick Jungle which is my new addiction - its Gossip Girl for grown ups. And can I just say that Brooke Shields looks even better with age!
3. Flitting about at The Clothes Show with my cousin and two best friends being totally girly and loving it!
4. Catching Small Child's cold and watching it develop into a cough that makes me sound as rough as a badgers arse!
5. Attending some pre Christmas social shenanigans with best friends whom I used to work with.
6. Shopping for a dress for said shenanigans - actually this turned out to be more of a saga involving a broken zip, store discount that refused to apply itself due to new VAT, a pair of control tights and me going out with my shoes on the wrong feet... yes really!
7. Continuing to deal with Devil, sorry, Small Child's testing behaviour in a composed and proper manner when all I want to do is throw myself on the floor and out-tantrum her!
7 Things I Can't Do This Christmas
1. Overeat - I will be going with mantra of a little bit of what you fancy - with the emphasis on the little.
2. I can't not watch my Christmas movie selection - The Holiday, It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, Family Man and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
3. I can't stop myself from getting ridiculously over excited about the whole thing and possibly imploding. I've been burning my White Company Winter candle, placing Mulled Wine air fresheners about the house, playing my Ally McBeal Christmas CD repeatedly and checking the use by dates of the brandy butter so that I can buy it as soon as possible without it going off!
4. Fall asleep after Christmas dinner in a happy drunken haze - does not compute when you have kids.
5. I refuse to let Small Child rip in to all the gifts she has amassed in one go - we've decided to spread them over a couple of days and a few at a time to ensure she enjoys them and takes it all in.
6. I can't resist cheese.
7. Due to number 6 I can't be totally inactive!
7 Christmas Wishes
1. Like Mom/Mum, to be a better mummy. I vow not to rise to the small things and just concentrate on the important stuff when it comes to discipline. I also vow to spend more time doing Small Child stuff on our days off rather than dragging her around getting jobs done.
2. I wish to fall asleep and wake up a size 8!
3. To be the proud owner of a pair of Manolo's in 2009! (If you say it enough times it will happen!)
4. To have enough spare time to get all the stuff done that we've been meaning to do for ages - redecorate Small Child's room, sort out wardrobe storage, print and frame some more photos etc etc. The list is endless.
5. That all those close to me remain happy, healthy and loved.
6. To follow the yellow brick road and get to Westfield!
7. That someone invents a non fat cheese that tastes like REAL CHEESE!
7 Things I Say As Christmas Approaches
1. No.... I don't know if the Grinch has a minny.... yes I know he's a boy who appears not to have a willy...and I don't know why he doesn't always wear clothes.
2. It's now only ** more sleeps to go
3. Those presents under the tree aren't for you, they're for other people and no you cant open them (this to Small Child and Other Half!)
4. No, you can't have another chocolate tree decoration/open another advent calender door/have another mince pie (this to Small Child and myself!)
5. More sherry please!
6. What's in the bag?
7. One year we will go somewhere where's there so much snow we can do snow angels!
7 Celebrities I'd Invite For Christmas Dinner
1. Jamie Oliver so he could cook it.
2. Patrick Dempsey - just for table decoration of course!
3. Jennifer Anniston so I could advise her to stay away from bad boys and tell her that I think she should be my new best friend.
4. Angelina Jolie - well.... I'd invite her in, give her a slap and then send her packing.
5. SJP and her shoe collection - I know Mom/Mum said the same but seriously... how could I not?
6. Cheryl Cole. I love, love, love this woman! I would try and convince her to dump the useless husband, get her to promise to come shopping with me and apologise for the fact the Other Half is drooling into his dinner!
7. Peppa Pig - Small Child would be over the moon!
7 Favourite Festive Foods (all of which I will of course be eating in moderation!!)
1. Smoked salmon and scrambled egg.
2. Baked gammon ham, cold with....
3. Pickled onions - the strongest smelliest ones you can buy!
6. Brandy butter
7. Cocktail sausages wrapped in bacon...hhmm....
7 Other Bloggers Who Can Play Festive Seven (if they have the time)!
1. Yummy Mummy
7. Lucy And I
There... I feel I have purged my blogger absenteeism for good..... I'm Back!