Monday 28 July 2008

Take Five...

My five top beauty products, tried and tested! Shopping for these (and numerous others) is almost on a par with a clothing or shoe purchase!


  1. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat - the only under eye brightner/concealer that does actually make me look awake after an average sleepless night with Small Child.


  2. Clarins UV Plus DayScreen SPF 40 - this stuff is amazing! In the 30 degree heat in Spain it stopped all shine during the day and prevented make up sliding off in the evening


  3. Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 - sinks in to soften up lips in winter or summer but stays glossy - bonus!


  4. A bit boring but very necessary for shoe-a-holics - Compeed Blister Gel Plasters. It means I can wear all manner of SATC heels with these on the back of my heels and without that unattractive sticking plaster overhang!


  5. Nars Pressed Powder in Desert - a recent purchase and I'm hooked. It's triple milled so isn't cakey at all, doesnt make you look like you've had a fight with the baby powder but does keep shine at bay.

Having now discovered that a branch of Space NK has opened in a town close to where I live I am overjoyed! Most of the cult brands such as Kiehl's, Nars, Laura Mercier, Chantecaille etc all live under one roof along with Diptyque candles and enough beautiful things to tempt you into going crazy with your plastic! It's where I go when I just want to stand, sniff the air and feel like I'm standing in the lap of luxury!






No comments: